Monday, May 2, 2016

The Anointing - Dr. Jerry Brandt - Kingdom Of God

Jesus said, "The Spirit of the Lord is now upon me, for He has anointed me..."  (Luke 4) Jesus understood how He received and released His anointing.  Do you?  This is one of the most important truths in your life of effective ministry.  The Holy Spirit has two actions in your life.  First is SEALING you at the moment of your salvation.  Eph. 1:13 "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth,, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise."  This sealing secures your promised inheritance in Christ. This is the work of the Holy Spirit IN you. The second action of the Holly Spirit is the Spirit UPON you. This is the baptism of power of anointing for service.  Power to cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead and proclaim the Kingdom message.  This happens at your baptism of the Holy Spirit.  On the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit came "UPON" those believer's in the upper room.  Acts 2:3-4 "Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."  Jesus Himself had the same experience at His baptism.  Luke 4:22 "And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, 'You are My believed Son; in You I am well pleased.'"  This upon Holy Spirit launched Jesus into His ministry. 

I operated for years in ministry without this baptism, and even taught against it because of what I was taught at my University and my seminary training.  Little did I realize how much I needed the baptism of the Spirit to move in authority and power.  I often would finish a week of evangelistic meetings feeling empty and wondering why I didn't experience a greater release of His power and authority and especially His presence.  It was only after I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit in 1976 that I began to realize what I had been missing.  This baptism empowers your spirit man to a fresh anointing. It brings evidence of supernatural gifts of the Spirit.  It releases your spirit man for greater revelation of who God is.  It is the anointing that bring understanding and fresh revelation of the word of God.  How thankful I am that God sent along two good brothers in the Lord, John and Larry, to lead me into my personal experience. Yes, it was a theological leap of faith for me to denounce my position I had held before I received it.  But I will always now rejoice in the day of my transition into the anointing of the Holy Spirit.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please join us for our weekly live Kingdom Business Community Bible Study broadcast at - Jerry Brandt