Saturday, June 18, 2016

Power of the Father's Blessing - A Father's Day Thought

A FATHER'S BLESSING
Jesus said, "He that has seen me has seen the Father."  Want to know what the Father looks like?  Look at Jesus.  Jesus only spoke what the Father told Him.  Jesus said, "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak...whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."  John 12:49-50  As we come into Father's day, learn to be a good father... like Jesus.  Jesus said earlier that He did not come into the world to condemn the world, but save it.  A father's love should always be redemptive.  When they threw the woman taken in adultery at the feet of Jesus, He knelt on the ground and wrote with His hand something in the sand.  It drove all the accusers away and now only Jesus and the adulterous woman remained.  He spoke as a loving father and said, "Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more."  Jesus constantly spoke words of healing and deliverance.  Never words of damnation and condemnation.  As a father of 4 children, I have learned in the journey of life, that those kind of words do work better.  Why is Father's blessing so important to us? God created in us the desire for a father's love and blessing.  In Israel it was essential for the future of each child...especially the eldest son.  It was customary for father's to give that blessing before they died.  I believe we should restore this ancient practice.  I pray with my youngest son each night before he goes to bed.  He is presently 15 years old and we cherish this time together.  First we pray together through the "Lord's Prayer" and then I lay my hands on him and pray the fathers blessing on him each night.  He just returned from our churches summer teen camp and the leader of his group of 8 really took to Chris.  He sensed something in him of greatness.  Now this may seem like I am boasting, but I believe one of the reasons of his emotional and spiritual stability is the nightly "father's blessing".  Kids face a lot of struggles today with sexuality, pressures from secular education, peer pressures, etc.  They need a "father's blessing".  I challenge each father reading this to speak that blessing over and over again to our sons and daughters.  Remember the Father in heaven said, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.." about His Son Jesus. Let's do the same!

Mystery of the Father's Blessing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please join us for our weekly live Kingdom Business Community Bible Study broadcast at - Jerry Brandt