Sunday, May 17, 2015

How to heal the sick - Evangelism Toolbox

Sickness in people's lives comes from a variety of sources.  Violating simple health rules by improper diet can cause disease. Sickness can come from generational curses and many people inherit their diseases of their parents and grandparents. Sickness can also come from "spirits of infirmity" sent by Satan to disrupt our lives and take away our peace.  The bible says, "Jesus healed them from many diseases..and cast out many demons"  If you know how to pray for sick people you can find a wonderful answer to their desire to be well.  In over 50 years of ministry and years of street ministry in San Francisco, Seattle and Tampa, I found that I moved into an effective method of healing that really saw results.  I have seen totally blind people healed.  Many of my friends remember the girl deaf from birth that was healed here in Tampa at our outreach.  I want to share this simple approach God has shown me as to how to pray for the sick.

1. Healing operates in an atmosphere of "Faith" "Jesus seeing their faith said to the man, rise and be healed, your sins are forgiven you."  I always ask people before I pray for them, "Do you believe Jesus can heal you right now?"  Jesus practiced this same principle with blind Bartemaeus.  Jesus said, "What would you have me to do?"  It was evident that he was blind, but Jesus was releasing this man's faith.  "O, that I might receive my sight.."  was Bartemaeus's answer.

2. Healing happens through their declaration of faith.  I always have the sick person participate in their healing.  I ask them first if they have faith for it and if they do, second I ask them to declare that faith.. have them repeat....."I receive my healing NOW in Jesus name... I AM HEALED!"  Remember the power of life and death is in our tongues!
Speaking over that sickness in Jesus name has awesome power over disease. I believe we should also follow the biblical pattern of anointing with oil and laying on of hands.

Notes:  Not all healing manifests immediately.  Jesus prayed for a blind man and he didn't receive his full healing.  He saw men walking as trees...ie. could not see clearly. But continued declaration and obedience of this man's faith brought him to total healing. If people don't see an immediate manifestation, don't let them be discouraged... just continue to confess and believe.  God keeps His word. 

3.  God can also use doctors and natural means for healing like changing your diet, or discontinuing certain habits like smoking, drugs, etc.  So don't discount a variety of ways God can heal people. But I love to see the miraculous hand of God through immediate supernatural touches of God's love in "signs and wonders".  So join with me and have courage and pray for the sick to be healed!

                                        How to Heal the Sick - Evangelism Toolbox
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please join us for our weekly live Kingdom Business Community Bible Study broadcast at - Jerry Brandt